Sunday 22 January 2012

The Sunday Lister - Top 5 Will Ferrel Movies


The Sunday Lister: Top 5 Will Ferrell Movies

Here we are again with another Sunday List. Thanks for reading last weeks. Hope you enjoyed it whether you agreed or not. 

This week I’m concentrating on my favourite comic actor Mr Will Ferrell. This list concerns his top 5 movies, not his performances. Read on and enjoy. 

5. Anchorman
You could probably ask a hundred people what their favourite Will Ferrell movie and I’m pretty sure the majority of people would say Anchorman. Although, not my favourite Ferrell flick (say that three times fast, I dare ya) there is no denying that it’s a funny film. From the quotable one liners to the hilarious set pieces Anchorman really is a funny film. 

If a film can have someone using a trident, then it’s A-OK in my book. 

4. Elf
I didn’t watch Elf when it first came out, thinking that it looked a bit stupid. Boy was I right, it is stupid. But, in that delightful way in which a lot of Ferrell films are stupid. However, the charm outshines the stupidity in Elf and what is left is a delightful and funny Christmas movie, with a warm heart. 

3. Blades of Glory
A bit hit and miss with critics; Blades of Glory is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I can’t help smiling and quoting the film throughout. Maybe, it doesn’t have as many one liners as other Ferrell films, but what really makes Blades of Glory shine for me are the stellar performances from Ferrell and Heeder himself. Chaz Michael Michaels is the coolest of all of Ferrell’s characters and a hoot to boot. 

2.  Stranger than Fiction
Will Ferrell, in a film that isn’t necessarily a comedy? Get out of town. But, surprisingly Stranger than Fiction is a great little movie full of charm and wit. Ferrell plays Harold Crick who finds himself hearing narration that only he can hear. The film smacks of indie goodness and Stranger than Fiction lives up to the interesting premise. But, undoubtedly the best thing about this movie is Ferrell who shows everybody that he can do serious just as well as his can comedy. 

1.Talladega Nights
Talladega Nights the Ballad of Ricky Bobby is not only my favourite Will Ferrell film, but also my favourite comedy of all time. Ferrell is race car driver Ricky Bobby, who likes to go fast. That is until he has a near fatal car crash and can no longer drive fast. The film is laugh out loud throughout and is the beginning of a great relationship between Will Ferrell and John C. Riley who offer up a lot of chemistry throughout. A great comedy, that teaches a vital lesson, don’t put a cougar in the car. 

Well there’s my list, tell me what you think.
Until next time, enjoy the show.
Hey You! Add me on twitter @glamgrunge
Daniel Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment