Tuesday 8 November 2011

Raw Reaction


Raw Reaction

Hello to all. Last night Raw hit the famous city of Liverpool for the very first time. The super show was pegged as a big deal. Me and my brother were lucky enough to go. Our tickets weren’t great. But they were decent enough. I was going to do a review of the whole show, but instead I’m going to do a reaction of the show as a whole, there were some bits I liked, some I wasn’t too keen on. So the big question now is, are you ready for The Raw Reaction?

As always the atmosphere was tremendous, probably not the best wrestling crowd I’ve seen in England, but still pretty great. I love being an English sports fan, as we can be a loud and rowdy bunch. This transcends well into Wrestling and last night was no different as we were pretty electric throughout. My favourite chant of the night was the ‘who are ya’ chant to R- Truth during the main event. Fun stuff. 

All this being said, it was interesting to note that this was a smark heavy crowd tonight. Maybe, it’s because we were in Liverpool. Normally in Manchester, it’s quite a Mark heavy crowd with the Babyfaces getting all the pops. This was not the case last night as it seemed like people were adverse to booing people like Ziggler and Del Rio. The only superstars, people seemed happy to boo, were Nash and Cena, but we’ll get to that later. 

Unsurprisingly, Punk got the hottest reaction of the night. It was evident that this was going to be the case even before we walked into the arena, as there was a sea of Punk shirts throughout. When I bought my Punk T shirt they had already sold out of the Punk Ice Cream bar T shirt. I asked the lady selling merch what was selling the most and she told me that the Punk shirts and the Zack Ryder ‘Broski’ T shirts were outselling everything else. 

Which leads me on to how over Ryder was tonight. He got the second biggest pop of the night, only behind Punk. I think it helps that the WWE had him in the main event, but he was definitely well received hear in Liverpool. The most surprising thing about that was, he was over with the kids as well. The WWE should really capitalize on this and it looks like they might be doing, if tonight’s main event was anything to go by. 

The show itself was good, but not great. I thought the ZIggler/ Morrison match was pretty fun, if not just a tad too slow. I don’t know whether they’ve decided to give Morrison his momentum back, but beating Ziggler just struck me as odd. ZIggler needs to look strong if they want to move him up the card. 

Apart from the opening match and the main event, all the other matches were squashes or soething similar, with not much going on in them. In all honesty, I hope people in the back listened to Nash’s reaction, because it was bad. The sad thing was he wasn’t getting heel heat. He was getting ‘we’re sick of this guy’ heat. 

I liked the main event, but again I thought the match was a tad too slow, with the babyface beatdowns taking up too much time in the match. However, the finish was booked well, with The Miz going over relatively clean. The funniest thing about that, was watching the kids in front of us nearly burst into tears when Cena took the pin. Yes, I’m a bad man.

Post show, Dolph and Punk came out and a Fracas ensued, with everyone hitting their finishers on Mr Ziggles. I’m not sure why Dolph came down, but it seems to me that the WWE are starting to trust him fourfold. And I have to admit, when Punk set up Dolph for the GTS, all I could think about was a feud between the two. 

All in all, it was an average show, made ten times better by actually being there. 

Thanks for reading.
Feel free to email me feedback at cinemascreenandspandex@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter @glamgrunge
Like the Facebook Page
Until next time, enjoy the show
Daniel Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment