Thursday 3 November 2011

Miami- The Grandest stage of them all


Miami- The Grandest stage of them all

November the 3rd might not mean much to most of you, but today is defiantly special. It’s the day where Wrestlemania 28 tickets go on pre-sale and this humble, but talented(ish) blogger got a ticket. I’m a little bit euphoric, so I may be delusional, but I believe this year’s Mania could be the best one yet. However, I’m going to outline a few points that I think the E should or could go with to make this year’s Mania the greatest of all time. 

Legends Galore!

Now, I know they did this last year and I imagine it will be a trend again, but they need to put as many WWE greats on the show as Vince can get his old hands on. Now, obviously not all of them should wrestle, and I’m not jaded enough to believe that the likes of Austin or Michaels will wrestle again, but just to have them somewhere on the card, makes the show feel special. I can see Austin, Foley and Edge all being involved in some capacity, with The Rock obviously wrestling. 

However, if I had my way the show would be plagued with legends and wrestlers of the past. If you bring back past champions they add prestige to the show. But, they also provide you with an opportunity to put over your young talent making them superstars. 

A list not Z list!

Wrestlemania is about celebrities just as much as it is Wrestlers. It’s an entertainment showcase. However, in recent years the celebrities that have plagued Wrestlemania haven’t been to the calibre that they have years gone by. I’d personally break the bank to bag a few A-list celebrities willing to perform and just be a part of the show. Would I have them wrestle? It depends on the celebrity, but yes as it will gain huge publicity and for the most part can be pretty entertaining. I know there has been talk of Shaq wrestling Big Show, which would be great. But, I think with the NBA lockout still in effect, there may be an opportunity to get a few big name baller’s to be a part of a match. Will the match be spectacular? No. Will it get the people talking? Oh hell yes.

Make a Star

Wrestlemania is the perfect opportunity to give a babyface their first title thus making them a star. With at least one high profile match not being a title match this gives more opportunity to giving somebody less known the title. Obviously, the main candidate for this is Daniel Bryan having won the money in the bank and already claiming he will cash it in, but it doesn’t really matter who it is. Just make an underdog beat the odds to win a title. It’s a tried and tested story, but it sure as hell works. 

And Lastly...

Make it a Show to Remember

Hogan slamming Andre, Shawn Michaels coming from the rafters, the TLC matches. Some people’s memories of Wrestlemania not necessarily have to do with the matches and the results. Wrestlemania is about moments that make you go ‘wow’. Moments that you can describe to your friends and watch on YouTube. This is what Wrestlemania is about and this year’s Wrestlemania needs to be no exception. It can be just one, but if the WWE want this year’s Wrestlemania to be the showcase of the immortals, then they need those ‘Wrestlemania Moments’ more than anything. 

So that’s my ideas. It’s probably a bit obvious to some of you, but to me it needs to be said. I know I’m going to have an amazing time regardless. However, to make this Wrestlemania the greatest show on earth they need to make it special. 

What do you think? Anything else you think this year’s Mania needs? Let me know at Cinemascreenandspandex@gmail.com

Follow the Facebook page
Follow me on Twitter @glamgrunge
Until next time, enjoy the show
Daniel Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment