Sunday 19 February 2012

The Sunday Lister: Top 5 Toy Story Characters


The Sunday Lister: Top 5 Toy Story Characters

Howdy folks, good Sunday to you. I have had quite a stressful weekend, with a few things going wrong. So I may try and keep this short and sweet this week. I have decided to cheer myself up by writing about something close to my childhood. Yes, of course It’s Toy Story. If you guessed correctly, you win A Cookie (lies!). 

Ahem, moving on. Here is this week’s Sunday Lister. 

5 The Character: Ken (Michael Keaton) From: Toy Story 3
The only character in my top five that hasn’t appeared in every Toy Story film. So what does Ken have in one film, that some of the other characters don’t over all three? Well the answer is simple: Ken has depth. We know he’s an ass, but yet we feel for him. We sympathise with him when the other toys make fun of him and that’s a sign of a good character. Plus, I secretly want his wardrobe. 

4. The Character: Sarge (R. Lee Ermey) From: Toy Story 1,2,3
Sarge and his boys are the unsung heroes of the Toy Story world. They do all the dirty work, without getting any of the praise the other characters do. Sarge is the bravest toy there is. He’s commanding and a great leader should be. Also, he’s cool as a cucumber to boot. So, this is me giving Sarge his dues. He deserves it. 

3. The Character: Woody (Tom Hanks) From: Toy Story 1,2,3
‘Woody at Three?’  How could I do that? He’s the main character. Am I out of my mind? Well yes I am, but here me out. Yes Woody is a great character. He’s got emotional depth in abundance. We empathise with everything he does, because we know that deep down we’d feel exactly the same. Why he isn’t higher? Well the other two are better, in my opinion. 

2. The Character: Hamm (John Ratzenberger) From: Toy Story 1,2,3
John Ratzenberger is Pixar’s good luck charm. But, not just that. He’s also a great voice actor. With such a warm and hearty voice, it’s hard not to be pulled into whatever voice Ratzenberger does. None more than Hamm. Hamm is the Toys mouth piece. Whatever the others are thinking, Hamm says. And he’s a hoot to boot. That Musical hog. 

1. The Character: Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen) From: Toy Story 1,2,3
I imagine this one surprised very little of you. I love Buzz Lightyear I do. If it was socially acceptable to buy an adults sized Buzz costume and wear it as everyday clothes. I would do. I’d never wash it. What I love about Buzz is he’s a dreamer. He doesn’t let anyone stop him. He believes in what he believes and reaches for those stars. If normal Buzz wasn’t enough. I have just two more words: Spanish Buzz.
So there are my top 5 Toy Story characters. I hope you enjoyed reading it 

Feel free to agree or disagree in the comment box below. 

Or follow me on Twitter @glamgrunge
Until next time, enjoy the show
Daniel Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment