Wednesday 4 April 2012

Miami Meltdown - Wrestlemania, YEStlemania


Miami Meltdown: Wrestlemania, YEStlemania

Apologies for how late this post is. Because I’m a good few days behind, you have probably already read a couple of recaps, but do me the solid and read this as well. You never know, I may give you a cookie. 

So on Sunday, a few of you may know that I went to watch Wrestlemania. And surprise, surprise, it was outstanding. I keep using these grand adjectives to describe this holiday and I feel their value depleting. 

However, you have to believe me, if you get the chance; you need to go to Wrestlemania. It is arguably the greatest four hours of my life. 

We arrived at the stadium rather early, due to the fact that we still had to go to the will call desk and collect the tickets. That being said, everywhere was already packed with fans, hanging out, drinking, chatting and just having a generally good time. 

At this moment in time, I want to give a special shout out to wrestling fans in general. Throughout the whole week, I have been majorly impressed with the spirit shown by wrestling fans of all ages. There was a festival atmosphere felt throughout the trip and whether you were at an event, in the hotel lobby or walking down the beach, if you seen another Wrestling fan, you knew you could strike up a conversation. Truly a great feeling. 

So around five O clock, we made our way into the stadium. We got to our seats and we’re amazed how close they were. Huge props to Mama and Papa Morris for our seats as they were the Row behind the Premium seats and incredibly close to the action. Can somebody say, Greatest Christmas present ever? 

We went and chatted to our friends for a bit then headed back to our seats to wait for the show to start. When the show started, a wave of atmosphere had taken over the whole crowd and we were immersed then.  I’m not going to run down the whole show, due to time constraints and the fact that you know the results anyway. Or I imagine you do. 

 The World heavy weight championship match has gotten a lot of stick of a lot of people. But, I didn’t hate it. If you wanted an immediate ‘WTF??’ reaction from the fans, then it certainly did the business. 78,000 fans jumped up at that moment screaming and shouting. To me, that’s a great start to the show. 

I also enjoyed both the IC match and the Kane vs. Orton match. Now I think both could be done better and they may have wanted Big Show to beat Cody in record time instead, but both were decent and didn’t feel out of place on the card. 

However, they were both completely overshadowed with what was to come. The End of an Era Hell in a Cell between HHH and The Undertaker. Now, don’t get me wrong, I was looking forward to watching my first ever cell match. I really was. However, nothing could have prepared me for how good it was. It felt like the whole crowd had turned twelve again, cheering and booing every single action. The match was so great; you can tell it took a lot out of the crowd. Asking for something big to follow it. 

Sadly, that was too much to ask for the Team Teddy, Team Johnny match. I thought the Team Teddy, Team Johnny match could have been done better, with Mr Ziggler getting more time, but to be honest, he could have gotten fifteen minutes and I would have still wanted more. 

We were still a bit dead for Punk vs. Jericho, which, started of slow. However, the match picked up pace and when it got going, it really got going. By the end the crowd was back to its best to watch CM Punk reclaim the WWE title. 

After a funny Funkosaurus skit, we had arguably the most high profile match of all time. The Rock vs. John Cena. Now, I was looking forward to the match yes. But, I was certain Cena was going to win. This was something that prevented me from really investing in the match. That is, until the end when I had my first proper mark out moment since Edge won his very first WWE title. 
 
The Rock winning was unbelievable. But, in reflection, the whole event and trip has been unbelievable. As you will see when I talk about Raw. 

Until next time, enjoy the show.
Daniel Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment