Sunday 1 April 2012

Miami Meltdown - part 2


Miami Meltdown – Part 2

Howdy team. I was hoping to get at least five parts of Miami Meltdown done before I come back home. But that’s not going to happen. Finding the time to write this in the morning is getting a bit redonkulous. However, Josh is snoozing so I’ll try and get this part done as quickly as I can. 

Today’s Miami Meltdown will cover both the Friday and Saturday of our trip. Okay so Friday was an easy day for us. We chilled out and caught the train to downtown, which was pretty cool. However, in the night we decided to head to Kevin Nash’s Miami Party situated at Ocean 10 on South Beach. 

Yes, you heard me right Kevin Nash’s Miami Party. At first I wasn’t a huge fan of the party as it just seemed like a glorified photo op with superstars. However, when the night grew, said superstars got up and mingled, which is when the party turned pretty awesome. There is just something amazing in seeing wrestlers outside of the ring. I had to double take a lot of the time and realize ‘Holy Crap DDP is just chilling over there’. 

Anyway, the Saturday rolled around and we headed to Deauville Resort for the Wrestlereunion convention. For those of you who don’t know. Wrestlereunion is like an independent Wrestling Legends convention that is held throughout the year. However, they do this one smartly in the same place as Mania. And it was the best value for money I have ever seen. 

You pay 20 dollars to attend. However, that money goes towards one of the signings or photos. So I paid 30 dollars to get my picture taken and get an autograph with The New Age Outlaws. The rebellious teen in me was truly happy. Then we mingled, yes mingled with various Wrestling Alumni, chatting to Colt Cabana and thejohnreport.net’s own, John Canton. 

That wasn’t all folks, in the afternoon; we were treated to a wrestling show with past stars. We seen The Outlaws get bitten on the ass by Rick Steiner, Vader stiff work the heck out of two jobbers and the Honky Tonk Man, show us that he can still move with the best of them against Tito Santana. 

However, the final match was an 8 man tag featuring such legends as The Outlaw Ron Bass, Gorgeous Garry, B. Brian Blair and Leaping Lanny Poffo. To say it was an instant classic was a bit of an overstatement, with the highlight being Gorgeous Garry’s wedgie. 

Overall though, the show was great. 

This leads me to the highlight of yesterday, the Hall of Fame.  I was already astronomically excited, due to the fact that it would be Edge who’s being inducted into the Hall of Fame. The whole night was terrific. If there is one thing I love about the WWE, they definitely know how to put on a show. They take something plane like a Hall of Fame Ceremony and spruce it up to the max, with video packages, music and special guests. 

JBL definitely had potential to steal the night away from the inductees, with a cracking induction speech for Ron Simmons. I know JBL sucked in the ring, but man he can talk. Then we had Mil Mascaras, who struggled a bit with the language barrier. 

Next were the Horsemen. It was great to see Flair up on stage again. However, everybody was there for Double A. Who gave a terrific if not a tad long, induction speech. Next we had, DX come out to introduce Tyson, who was his expectedly chaotic yet comical self, calling Dusty Rhodes 70s black. 

The Usos and Rikishi were out next to except the award on behalf of Yokozuna. A fitting tribute to a man who is probably overlooked in the wrestling world. 

The main event was next; Christian came out to introduce Edge. His video played, highlighted by Foo Fighters’ Walk, and then the man himself came out, supporting a new do. He talked about his life, his career and everything, I want to write so much about this moment, but I just don’t have time today. When I get back home, I may do a full recap of Edge’s Hall of Fame speech. I definitely owe the man that much. 

Needless to say, when the man was being inducted, I shed a tear. It was an emotional tribute to a great night which has made me too excited for Wrestlemania today. 

Until next time, enjoy the show.
Daniel Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment